Business Lexington (http://smileypete.com/business)
- Becca Self, founder and executive director of FoodChain, talks about the new teaching and processing kitchen in the same building as the indoor aquaponics farm.
- Laura Freeman founded Laura’s Lean Beef in her 20s and now she has turned her attention to other agrarian ventures at her farm in Winchester, Kentucky.
- Sandra Marlowe is founder and CEO of Baqua, a plant-based health beverage.
- BatBnB is a crowdfunded venture by Harrison Broadhurst and Christopher Rannefors.
Chevy Chaser (http://smileypete.com/community)
- Sara and Jesse Hesley are certified arborists and owners of Town Branch Tree Experts.
- Jill Bakehorn and Kelly King Bakehorn own The Venues of the Grand Reserve in Lexington’s Distillery District.
- Rebecca Burnworth’s renovation of a stunning home in Lexington’s Lakeview Estates.
The Lane Report (http://www.lanereport.com)
- Lora Smith created the Appalachian Impact Fund and promotes the foodways of Appalachia from her office in Hazard, Kentucky.
- Shana Followel opened Bluegrass & Buttercream in downtown Danville, Kentucky.
- A trio of Louisville entrepreneurs and their Elixir Kombucha brand.
- Central Kentucky’s Colene Elridge is “Coach Colene.”
- Three Louisville women are saving lives with their nonprofit, Sharing America’s Marrow.
Other freelance writing